Although you may have some things about how horrible soft drinks can be for your health, you may not know all of them. This infographic will show everything disastrous about soda:
- Asthma Sodium benzoate, a common ingredient, adds sodium and removes potassium from the body. It’s also been known to cause asthmatic reactions.
- Kidney Issues Phosphoric acid has been linked to renal problems, such as kidney stones.
- Sugar Overload In 45 minutes, a single soda causes excess sugar to convert to fat, drowsiness is prevented, and dopamine kicks in much like heroin.
- Obesity Every soda consumed increases chances of obesity by 1.6 times.
- Dissolved Tooth Enamel The sugars and acids are very efficient in dissolving dental matter.
- Heart Disease High fructose corn syrup is a known agitator of diabetes and heart disease.
- Reproductive Issues Soda cans are treated with a resin containing the carcinogenic substance, BPA.
- Osteoporosis Soda’s acids are conducive to bone breakdown and osteoporosis.
- Diabetes Regular consumption of soda results in an 80% spike in developing Type II diabetes.